Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My First Post Of 2012

Its been awhile since I last entered a post. Life for me has changed a great deal, but it is all good. First off starting in Sept. my grandson Rain moved in with me and my mom. It was decided between his mom and me that this was the best thing for him right now. He adjusted very well. His school grades are great, he is reading very well and he just seems happy. So you can imagine life with an 8 year old. Life is much busier and tiring but the rewards for me are wonderful. Secondly I quit my job of 34 years in Sept. I was not getting enough hours there and I had gotten a full time job at a call centre. I was there for about 3 weeks. My mom went into the hospital and we both realized that the amount of hours I was working was to much. You see when I was working my mom would watch Rain, though he is no trouble it is still an adjustment, and I also realized that this was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
In Oct. I started working as seasonal help for Future Shop (Best Buy). I really liked it there and the people are fantastic to work for, but I just didn't feel a 100% comfortable there. Since I knew that I would be done on Jan. 7, I sent out some resumes.
No Frills called me in Jan. for an interview later that week, I was hired on the spot and I absolutly love it there. It is what I know, I am getting lots of hours, the people are wonderful and I find it much less stressful than the Superstore. Also at this store I do overrides, price matches and returns. It works out well with Rain, because I can take him to the bus in the morning and I usually get home in time (when working evenings) to say goodnight to him. I love my life.

Ethan and Rain are now 8, Gavin turns 7 next month and Sydney is 2. Owen is 20 and is working full time in Strathroy. If he gets permanent full time he is planning on moving there next year. Brittany is 26 now and still living in London, she is looking for a new place to live. She has been diagnosed with neuropathy and is in constant pain. Amberley is 29 and she is having tests to see if she has neuropathy, it is hereditary (their dad has it), she has a daycare in her house, and I am her backup and helper. My mom is doing well, she is such a great help with Rain. So now I am caught up I can go on with other things.

No comments: